Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Ashley. I just turned 40, and I am training for my first marathon this year. I have run three half marathons, three 190-mile relay races, and a whole host of 12k, 10k, and 5ks over the last few years, yet, I don't consider myself a runner. I am hoping that through my training for a marathon I will (in my mind) achieve runner status. My plan is to write about my training and transformation so please follow along with me in what will be undeniably a fun, emotional, challenging, and life changing experience!

Monday, March 21, 2011

clocking some hours!

The last three weeks, we have started to increase our mileage, and it only gets more intense from here on out.  Our first real long run was 12 miles, then we did 12 again, and then this last weekend we did 14.  This is the farthest that any of us on my running team have ever run so it was a great milestone to share.  And what's even more encouraging is that we ran the 14 miles in a faster time than I have run all three of my half marathons!  I think this means I am improving...........  and isn't that real runners do?  Improve.

Here are a few images of my watch after each of the runs.  I look forward to adding more images as the time and mileage continue to increase!

                                                                         12 miler


                                         12 miler (and we improved our time from last week!)


                 14 miler (however, I forgot to stop my watch for a 5 minute bathroom break!)

No comments:

Post a Comment