Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Ashley. I just turned 40, and I am training for my first marathon this year. I have run three half marathons, three 190-mile relay races, and a whole host of 12k, 10k, and 5ks over the last few years, yet, I don't consider myself a runner. I am hoping that through my training for a marathon I will (in my mind) achieve runner status. My plan is to write about my training and transformation so please follow along with me in what will be undeniably a fun, emotional, challenging, and life changing experience!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Peeked at the Schedule

Up until now, I haven't been looking ahead at the schedule.  I have been doing a good job of just working on one run at a time while only looking at the schedule one week at a time.  This way I won't get too overwhelmed.  Too discouraged.  Too scared.

Well....  I was feeling curious and wanted to know just how fast our mileage increased.

 So........  I peeked.

I slowly unfolded my schedule to see next week's long run - 12.  Not too bad, I thought.

I unfolded another line - 14.  Okay, I can do that.

I started to feel a little confident so I just unfolded the whole thing at once.

Not good.

Our mileage goes from 14 to 15 to 18 to 22.

Holy Freaking Moly!

That looks like a schedule for someone who is training for a marathon!

Oh yeah,  I *am* training for a marathon.

Reality set in.

I am overwhelmed.

I am discouraged.

And mostly,  I am scared.

I knew there was a reason I wasn't looking ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment