Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Ashley. I just turned 40, and I am training for my first marathon this year. I have run three half marathons, three 190-mile relay races, and a whole host of 12k, 10k, and 5ks over the last few years, yet, I don't consider myself a runner. I am hoping that through my training for a marathon I will (in my mind) achieve runner status. My plan is to write about my training and transformation so please follow along with me in what will be undeniably a fun, emotional, challenging, and life changing experience!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Preparing for a Run

I am not a morning person.  I never have been, and I'm afraid that this late in the game, I never will be.  Needless to say, these 7:00 am Saturday morning runs have been very brutal for me because it requires that I am up at 6:00 or 6:15 in the morning.  I don't even get up that early during the week!  In order to make my morning a little easier, I have to set out all my stuff the evening before so it is readily accessible for me to put on, grab, and go.....

My list of items looks something like this:
Shoes
Socks
Running pants
Sports bra
Silk long john top
Long sleeve running shirt
Running jacket
Hat
Ear warmers
Gloves
Ipod shuffle
Cell phone
Hammer Gel
Water bottle #1 - water
Water bottle #2 - heed (electrolyte drink)
Water bottle #3 - recoverite drink

And here it all is, waiting for me in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment