Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Ashley. I just turned 40, and I am training for my first marathon this year. I have run three half marathons, three 190-mile relay races, and a whole host of 12k, 10k, and 5ks over the last few years, yet, I don't consider myself a runner. I am hoping that through my training for a marathon I will (in my mind) achieve runner status. My plan is to write about my training and transformation so please follow along with me in what will be undeniably a fun, emotional, challenging, and life changing experience!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Penance

penance: a punishment undergone in token of penitence for sin 

my sin - missing my morning team run due to staying up too late and drinking to much

my penance - running 8 miles ALONE the following day  

I missed my first Saturday morning run this week because I stayed out to late on Friday and had a bit too much to drink.  In my defense, I was staying out late and drinking too much for a good cause!  I attended the annual "A Taste of Hope" charity fundraiser for my favorite non-profit organization, The ISAAC foundation.   This is an event I look forward to every year, and it's one that I volunteer for months leading up to the event.  I had intentions of getting up and running, and I even told people at the event that I was taking it easy because I had to run in the morning.  Well.... when morning rolled around, I just couldn't get myself out of bed.  

I admit it....  I didn't really try that hard.  (I did set my clock, but I think I mostly set it so I could text my team that I wasn't coming, and then I promptly went back to sleep). 

Pathetic, I know.  

I did pay for it though.  

Running 8 miles alone was penance for sure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment