Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Ashley. I just turned 40, and I am training for my first marathon this year. I have run three half marathons, three 190-mile relay races, and a whole host of 12k, 10k, and 5ks over the last few years, yet, I don't consider myself a runner. I am hoping that through my training for a marathon I will (in my mind) achieve runner status. My plan is to write about my training and transformation so please follow along with me in what will be undeniably a fun, emotional, challenging, and life changing experience!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Non Runner Making Runner Choices

One of the things I love about running is that you can do it anywhere.

All you need is shoes and dedication.

An interesting thing about my "non runner" self is that I always take my shoes with me when I go out of town.  I have intentions of running.....  but its the dedication factor that causes problems.  Its that non runner part of me that leaves the shoes in my suitcase and doesn't make it happen.

A real runner makes better choices.  A real runner makes it happen.  A real runner takes their shoes out of their suitcase!

I just got back from Texas, and it was a trip that fell over the weekend which meant I had to miss another Saturday run with my running buddies.  The good news is that I was in Texas with another runner friend of mine who is training for a 1/2 marathon so we kicked in the dedication, pulled our shoes out of our suitcases, and made it happen!  (Thanks, Mary!)

It's such a good feeling to be dedicated.

It's such a good feeling to make "runner" choices.

And it was especially good feeling to drag those shoes out of the suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment