Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Ashley. I just turned 40, and I am training for my first marathon this year. I have run three half marathons, three 190-mile relay races, and a whole host of 12k, 10k, and 5ks over the last few years, yet, I don't consider myself a runner. I am hoping that through my training for a marathon I will (in my mind) achieve runner status. My plan is to write about my training and transformation so please follow along with me in what will be undeniably a fun, emotional, challenging, and life changing experience!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

The idea of *really* registering for the marathon has been rolling around in my head for a few weeks now. I keep telling myself that if I didn't register and mentally commit to the race that I'd be so mad at myself, and I knew that to be true.  I ended up missing the early registration because I just couldn't bring myself to push the 'register now' button.  I'm a gal that likes there to be meaning in things.  I like to make memories and establish traditions.  I like things to be significant and symbolic. So when the thought crossed my mine to save registration until by birthday, I jumped on the idea and waited for my birthday to cross the calendar. 

This is a pretty significant birthday ~ the big 4-0 so what better way to ring it in than to sign up for marathon and give myself a gift of self transformation.  (At least that's what I'm hoping will be part of the outcome of my training). Anyway, more on that topic later. 

Happy 40th to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment